- BDY #621 owner writes, "I have #621 in my garage. It’s currently maroon with a white top and white interior...originally was white with black top and red/white interior (according to build plate). It also has a ‘59 390 and two carbs. Had it for 29 years. Runs great...it has made 2 cross country trips and 2 trips up and down the west coast and one down the east...trips across country it towed an ‘83 Dodge Omni. It’s not perfect, but a nice driver that I hope to improve as I go along. Love to look at the other 56’s!! Thanks for your efforts!!! " 3/2013
- BDY #680 in Massachusetts 2006
- BDY #692, PNT #90, Trim #18, Top #2, ACC-EHS in Los Angeles, CA 2013. Car was spotted in a body shop undergoing a restoration.
- BDY #1009, PNT#96, Trim #10, Top #2, ACC-EHS in Sweden 2011
- BDY #1122, PNT#96, Trim #16, Top #1, ACC-EHKS in Austria as of 2002.
- BDY #1362, Trim #10, PNT #90, Top 1, ACC EHS in Ohio as of 2007
- For sale in GA 3/2003. Sky blue in color with blue/wht interior. 2 yr restoration with full bumper continental kit. CLC Self Starter ad.
- Factory air, Alpine white with white and black trim Biarritz is in Oklahoma. Car has been disassembled since 1985. More info to follow.
- Mountain Laurel Biarritz in NJ confirmed. More info to follow.
- 56 Biarritz in Ohio. The car is all original, I believe unrestored and in good condition, 40,000 miles. It is White. He said the history is that his father worked at a GM engine plant in Cleveland, and his father bought the car from a supervisor at the plant. Apparently, managers were allowed to make car purchases and could then sell them if they wanted. His father bought the car from the supervisor and they have the original title as the supervisor never titled the car. He also recently bought a 1956 Biarritz parts car for $500 that was in a field in Marion, OH.
Click on car color names below to view survivors.
The Spectacular Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz
In the two years since the Eldorado was first introduced by Cadillac, it has won itself a unique place in the hearts of motorist everywhere. Though the Eldorado name originally designated only the convertible model, it will include for 1956 both an open and closed car. The first of these- the spectacular Biarritz- is a true achievement in advanced design and engineering. Its high-sweeping fender lines... its beautiful grille and rear bumper assembly ... its unique "disappearing top" ... its special "Sabre - Spoke" wheels ... its special hood ornament ... its chrome ribbed saddle molding ... and it's many special color options ... give it a beauty all its own. To add still greater glamour, the Biarritz is available with gold wheels and a gold grille. And the Biarritz is powered by a special 305- h.p. Cadillac engine, and offers Cadillac's most advanced features of engineering throughout. In every way, it is a true masterpiece of Cadillac craftsmanship.
1956 Cadillac Brochure
Always a work in progress. Please check back often for updates.
Cadillac Lasalle Club
Click on the Eldorado color names below to view the cars.
Biarritz's w/o Pics
This will be a running list of cars known but no photos are available at this time.